The Taylor County Jail in Perry, Florida, holds both male and female inmates who are awaiting trial, sentencing, or have been sentenced by the county or state. The goal of the facility is to provide a safe, humane, and secure environment for inmates and staff, while protecting the community. To conduct a Taylor County inmate search, click here.
Perry, FL 32347
Taylor County Inmate Search
To conduct a Taylor County inmate search, click here.
Jail Visitation Hours / Taylor County Inmate Search
Schedules for visitation are only visible through the inmate’s booking file. To view the booking file and to conduct a Taylor County inmate search, click here.
Jail Visitation Rules
- Visitors under the influence of either drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to enter the premises.
- To keep staff, inmates, and visitors safe, if an inmate becomes violent or unruly their visitation privileges may be revoked.
- Inmates will not be able to receive packages or clothing during their visits. They are able to accept cash or money orders.
- If a visitor should stay longer than the allotted time for their visitation appointment they will be given a warning that future visitation privileges could be suspended.
- Visitors’ clothing should not be provocative or inappropriate.
- Visitor sign in must be repeated if visiting more than one inmate.
- Visitors may be subject to searching if there is any suspicion that they are in possession of contraband. If a visitor is unwilling to be searched they will be asked to leave.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the entirety of the visit.
Inmate Mail / Taylor County Inmate Search
Before sending mail to an inmate, please first confirm his or her physical presence at the jail by conducting a Taylor County inmate search here.
All mail being sent to an inmate must be addressed as the following:
Inmate’s First and Last Name
Taylor County Jail
589 E US Highway 27
Perry, FL 32347
The Taylor County Sheriff’s Office bases its main focus on keeping their community safe. The office offers multiple career opportunities to the population including working in law enforcement, corrections, communications, and even clerical administration. They have put in place an Emergency Management plan in which they plan to keep the community safe from injury, damage, and disasters.
Sheriff’s Office Address
108 N Jefferson St #103
Perry, FL 32347
About the County / Taylor County Inmate Search
Taylor County is located in Northern Florida in what is known as the Big Bend area. It is often referred to as the “Tree Capital of the South”. It was founded in December of 1856 and receives its name from Zachary Taylor, the twelfth president of the United States. There is also a jail located in the county. To search for inmates in the Taylor County jail, click here.
According to the 2020 U.S. census, the county’s population is made up of 21,796 people, 7,405 households, and 5,197 families. Its diverse population consists of White (71.71%), Black or African American (19.25%), Native American or Alaska Native (0.47%), Asian (1.03%), Mixed/Multi Racial (3.37%), Hispanic or Latino (3.97%), and Other Races (0.21%).
The county is made up of a fairly small mix of towns, census-designated places, and other unincorporated communities including:
Other unincorporated communities:
- Bucell Junction
- Dekle Beach
- Fish Creek
- Hampton Springs
- Keaton Beach
- Lake Bird
- Shady Grove